The Anti-Corruption Institute was founded in 2018. It is a non-profit organization, that seeks to identify, investigate and analyze the causes and effects of corruption, ethical violations, abuses of power and the wider lack of transparency, integrity and accountability in public administration and the private sector, both nationally and internationally, in order to propose comprehensive and multidisciplinary solutions aimed at the eradication, mitigation and/or control of the associated risks.
The Anti-Corruption Institute’s mission is to establish itself so that by 2025 it will be a major player in the development of initiatives that look to create and promote a culture of probity, integrity, transparency and to fight against corruption.
In order to meet its aims and objectives, the Institute undertakes a number of different activities, including the following:
- Promote and develop initiatives within both the public and private sectors that seek to create a culture of probity, integrity and transparency.
- Promote the culture of transparency and institutional, corporate and individual integrity, working hand-in-hand with the public and private sectors, alongside wider civil society stakeholders.
- Connecting different sectors within society with a view to collectively contributing and helping to meet the Institute’s objectives in the fight for improved integrity and against corruption.
- Improve knowledge and understanding of the phenomenon of corruption, abuse of power and other related behaviors relevant to the work of the Institute amongst State, academic and private sector audiences, as well as the wider public.
- Design proposals for public policy, regulations, strategies and actions, aimed at fighting corruption, increasing transparency and promoting good governance and integrity.
- Training public officials, administrators and employees from the private sector on compliance, anti-corruption, transparency, available channels for secure reporting and any other related topics deemed necessary to meet the IIEA’s aims and objectives.
- Design, advise on, execute or evaluate projects related to transparency, ethics and integrity in the public and / or private sectors, as well as within civil society in general, jointly or with the support of national or international cooperation organizations.
- Training observers, students, public officials, members of civil society, business professionals and other people interested in contributing to the prevention, detection, reporting and control of corruption.
- Promote open government, open data, accountability and other initiatives that can contribute to greater social oversight of State affairs and amplify the work of Open State initiatives.
Motivate the Colombian public, as well as members of the public from other countries, to work against corruption and in the promotion of a culture of transparency and integrity, through the creation of competitions and activities that give visibility and recognition to the role they play in advancing the Institute’s aims and objectives.